Monday, August 24, 2015

Tomato Progress

It's been a good year for tomatoes for me. The black cherry tomatoes are starting to ripen fast and so are the brandywine tomatoes. There are over a dozen brandywines and some are quite large. A couple were ripe enough to pick. I only planted one plant of each type so nice to be able to grow edibles. I've had years were plants produce next to nothing.


The small determine tomatoes I planted a while back are doing well also. The floragold basket tomatoes are spreading out. I tried planting some dill in the free space in the middle of the container but the tomatoes are spreading out and starting to shade that area. I've still got the watering spikes "plugged in". These are new spike that have an adjustable drip. Kept the plants happy while I was away last week.


No comments: