Friday, June 7, 2019

A Slow Start

I started melons and cucumbers. I didn't know if the melons would take because the seeds were kind of old but they did. But something wasn't right. Leaves were browning and the plants stunted. So I didn't plant them and instead planted some tomatoes I started as part of a backup plan. The cucumbers I started turned out ok though and I have some growing on the balcony now. As well as some hot peppers. So that's it for this season: cucumbers, tomatoes and hot peppers. Keeping it simple this year.



2 comments:

Javeria Zaman said...

That lid is a coll idea do you remove this lid later on in the season or keep it on throughout.

Jeff said...

The lid stays there all season. It's a self watering container and there is a channel at the back of the container that lets me pour water into a chamber at the bottom of the container. So I have no reason to lift the lid.