Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Spring has Sprung

Spring is finally here although it doesn't feel like we had much of a winter. The grass is green and the trees are budding. My raspberry plant survived the winter and has lots of new growth sprouting out along last year's canes. A few new ones coming up through the soil as well.


I haven't made any plans to grow on the balcony this year. I'd like to but maybe I'll dial it back a bit this summer. Maybe just some tomatoes and melons, or cucumbers. I might actually plant flowers instead of onions and beets. I'm not really sure yet. The clock is ticking though. If I'm going to grow anything I better get started on it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Balcony Screening....I'm a senior with limited tech ability so couldn't post on the Balcony Sreening page.
Wanted to say that my son strung clear fishing line across the balcony. He secured a thin aluminum pipe (vertically) to the railing at each end and put line across in parallel about 8" apart, all the way from the railing to the top. You don't see it. The pigeons don't see, but they actually sense it. Worked flawlessly.
Thank you.