Monday, June 15, 2015

Wheat Mold

I grew some wheat grass a long time ago and had lots of wheat berries left over. They last forever in the fridge so when spring came around, I planted a handful in this bucket to see how well they would grow and add a bit of green to the balcony.


When growing wheat grass for juicing, you only want it to grow about 6 inches tall before harvesting. But in this case, I'm going to let it grow until it dies off or something kills it. I'm not expecting to be harvesting wheat, I just want to see how tall it can grow. And it seems to be doing ok but I'm noticing spots of mold on the leaves and stems. A good rain every now and then should wash it away temporarily but not much rain hits my balcony and I can't hose it down. If the mold takes over completely I'm going to have to end this experiment prematurely.

No comments: